Tuesday, November 21, 2006

"They say I did it, nobody caught me, y'all got to prove it on me..."


Rupert Murdoch can say that he's sorry until the cows come home; but who --who?-- in their right mind, okay'd the publication of that travesty in the first place? How many people up and down the chain of command have to answer for the decision to publish that book, much less air that interview? I'd love to hear what j-school profs across America are saying about this as it unfolds. I've already got a pretty good idea what the business schools are saying.

And they fined CBS for a "wardrobe malfunction?" And don't even get me started on all the homophobic,
racist, xenophobic crap to come out of American media. My cousins in Hanna's town, Pennsylvania grew up with stocks in front of their house (my Uncle Walter was the caretaker for the colonial village). If it were put to a vote, probably more people would want to see someone pilloried for this than voted for Bush in 2004.

Frankly, when they grind those books up into pulp, I wonder what will grow atop where they dump it...

If you want to know why there are those in the world who hate America, look no further.

No comments: