Thursday, November 30, 2006

Ceci n'est pas une avocado (This is not an avocado)


Poor Claire Regan. The Kraft Foods vice president of corporate affairs had to explain with a straight face that their guacamole has no avocado.

Kraft Foods is being sued by Brenda Lifsey, who told reporters, "It just didn't taste avocadoey. I looked at the ingredients and found there was almost no avocado in it."

"We think customers understand that it isn't made from avocado," Regan responded, presumably with a straight face.

With all the stuff in the news, at first this made me smile. Then I got to thinking; I had to go read the labels of the food in the fridge (I'm known for being a compulsive label reader in the market as it is, anyway). Who needs horror movies when all you have to do is see what's in your kitchen? Or, in this case, what isn't.

And people still wonder why "they" hate America. They tasted the dip.

No comments: