Thursday, October 20, 2005

New and improved?

Well, I finally managed to get something written, submitted, and published [online] for the first time in a long time.

I have a piece at wehonews.com ("WeHo Guy Attends Gay Pride & Asks") ...it seemed like serendipity when I ran into Ryan and he asked me to do a piece. As writers can be --no, nearly always are-- their own worst critics, I haven't even looked at it yet. I'll probably do the traditional cover-my-eyes; peek-with-one-eye;
read; then savagely critique it once I have the nerve.

...then, to put my self-doubt into perspective, I just ran into a kid who gave me a cake for my 20th birthday, yet has not been able to stay sober since. It breaks my heart to see such a talented, irreplaceable soul heading to ruin, unable to pull himself out. He turned down my offer to go for coffee, but I want to keep the door open, if he needs to talk. But for the Grace of God...
,

No comments: