Monday, February 26, 2007

All 's Quiet After Hollywood's! Big! Night!

Now that the awards season is over (or is it?), perhaps I can get back to my regular vapid television schedule. Unfortunately, even the BBC won't let the dead rest in peace or allow the short-circuiting celebrities to get out of the limelight for a hot minute; so I have a stack of reading to attend to, including Barbara Parker's newest mystery novel, and a bio of Robert Moses.
Downtown Walnut Creek was so quiet tonight, with Main Street covered with a wet sheen, you'd've thought they were filming a car commercial.
In case you haven't heard, the insurance companies have quietly declared that policies on planet Earth carries too much of a risk, so they're closing up shop and heading to more profitable pastures.
Oh, and we're apparently going to Hell in a handbasket.
If I didn't know better, I might think that the right wing is planning on jump-starting the last last days of humankind before the 2008 election -- or the terrorists in the Middle East beat 'em to it.
Just as long as I have enough acai to get me to the promised land...
It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine...

No comments: