Monday, October 02, 2006

A California sunrise


Photo from the National Park Service

The local news had cried wolf so many times this past week that I was honestly surprised to wake up and find that it had indeed showered last night, leaving the air with that wonderful fresh, damp leafy smell...

Until today, I've been none too pleased that the calendar read Autumn already; I'm still counting on it returning to a typical Southern California Summer That Lasts Through Christmas. I may not live closer than a four or five hour drive from the actual redwoods, but this photo is was the sunrise felt like this morning. If you've ever listened to the instrumental version of Enya's Storm's in Africa, then maybe you might get an idea of what I'm saying. But don't all of you that aren't already here come out at the same time. Please be nice and take turns, okay?

No comments: