Saturday, January 06, 2007

A yucky thought I want to get off my chest...

Last night on David Letterman I heard, yet again, Donald Trump repeatedly refer to Rosie O'Donnell as 'a degenerate.'

By inference, he's saying that he thinks of all gay people as degenerate.

This from a man who has been married several times, to much younger women, which in the eyes of some religions, would make him a degenerate. Letterman tried several times to tell him that he ought not to say that, but Trump cut him off, and repeated himself.

There will be an interview with him and The Apprentice producer Mark Burnett in tomorrow's LA Times. I could give a flying rat's ass about his reality show or his opinions on anything else for that matter; and some reason I presume he'll be too wrapped up in his endless self-promotion to get into his ongoing feud with Rosie O'Donnell.

I don't much care how it all started; from what has been repeated second- or third-hand, Rosie had some thoughts about how Trump was handling his beauty queens. Am I the only one who finds it creepy that Trump "owns" these beauty pageants, anyway? Is picking cotton part of the official duties of the pageant winners, or do they vie for manumission?

I'm probably more upset by the whole affair than I might have otherwise been because the LaRouche people tried to ambush me again outside the supermarket. Either they don't know or don't care that they are working or volunteering for a homophobe, and possibly even getting off being in the heart of one of the largest gay and lesbian enclaves in the country trying to get people to donate money to their own detriment.

Since I have never watched The Apprentice, I won't miss not watching it. I'm beginning to wonder, however, if NBC shares Trump's viewpoint that gay people are degenerate. And I'm beginning to be concerned that some of the programs Trump has been on that have failed to mention (or edited out) any discussion of his use of the word may share the same view.

No comments: