Tuesday, December 20, 2005

'twas the night before the Solstice...

First I lose my therapist. Now our favorite librarian is getting transferred to another branch. After dealing with the crazies of WeHo (undisputed champion of libraries for their assortment of local eccentrics) I suppose Laura is due for a less challenging post where she can relax a bit and catch her breath. After all of the machinations and oddities here, anywhere else could be considered boring. She might end up in a library where it looks and acts like... a library. Culver City is up-and-coming; but I doubt even for all the studios and galleries near her new library that they have as many screenwriters, actors, or real California fruits and nuts like in WeHo.

My sister closes escrow after New Year's (hopefully) on her new home in Concord. It's closer to the City, yet somehow manages to be smack-dab in the middle of nowhere, one of those areas that San Franciscans will think might as well be on the moon, even if it is BART-adjacent. Thus, there is the threat that the siblings may not get together for Christmas at Dad's, with Scott and Satoe fresh from the Florence biennial and Brice possibly working through the holiday... :( If I'm going to have my poor-little-match-girl/starving artist's holiday, at least I wanna get to play with my nieces and nephews! It just isn't Christmas if I don't get to chase the shrieking little monsters around the tree...
It looks like my holiday is going down the tubes. :(

My favorite newsstand was playing the Gypsy Kings... a pleasant respite from the omnipresent "contemporary" Christmas carols that are just plain awful. I might just play my Halloween CD at full blast at home in my little artist's garret to drive the neighbors up the wall. That, or my Rupaul holiday CD. I think I have a classical/new age CD from Japan of the planets that ought to be sufficiently out there...

No comments: