Friday, February 03, 2006

Oh, goody! My books have arrived!

I have only just finished David Rakoff's new book, "Don't Get Too Comfortable." I got his signature on his first book "Fraud" at Vroman's in Pasadena a while back and have been content (not) with his occasional contributions to "This American Life." You could get locked up for laughing out loud so much... that's how wickedly funny he is. He's a compatriot of David Sedaris, need I say more?

Speaking of appearances, Sarah Vowell, a friend to both Rakoff and Sedaris will be at Skylight Books in Los Feliz Thursday, Feb. 7 ( http://www.skylightbooks.com) and I will do my best to get to hear her read.

Meanwhile, I've just started Tom Corcoran's new mystery, "Air Dance Iguana" (finally). He is the absolute required author for getting a Key Wet vibe. No one does the Florida Keys as he does.

No comments: