Friday, August 18, 2006

A Friday in paradise


Victor has returned from South America in one piece, and looking like he never skipped a workout the entire trip. There were earthquakes and volcanoes erupting while he was there, so the spirits must have been excited to see him...

To top it off, one of my favorite secret, impossibly beautiful crushes sat down next to me this morning. Nothing will ever come of it, but for a few moments he had his hand on the back of my chair, and I could feel the hairs on his arm. It was almost unbearable. No, it was unbearable. There is such a thing as beauty that makes you gasp with joy and feel grateful to be alive. Does he have any idea how beautiful he is? I saw him one day driving down Santa Monica Boulevard, singing to the radio.

Ah, the dreams of summer.

No comments: