Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Bumpersticker of the day: MY CAT CAN BEAT UP YOUR CAT

While browsing the web for one thing, I inevitably get sidetracked by something else that grabs my attention. This is my life off-line as well. Yesterday, my sponsee happened to be parked outside a used bookstore and watched with amusement as I attempted to pass by without getting caught in its gravitational pull. Busted. lt's not like I don't have so many books to read already I can pile more on the stack. Believe me, that's one place you don't want to be standing next to when the Big One hits LA. I remember a moderate quake hit San Diego a few years ago, and an elderly bookworm was trapped inside his apartment by the falling books & tipped over bookshelves. That'll probably be how I go...

While reading Noel Alumit's blog, I found a link to PEN/USA; it was important enough for me to put a link on the header above. I read Noel's entire blog. It's a great place for anyone interested in how to write, or what goes on in the head of a writer. I also did a search that brought up the LA Black Book Expo and Crime Sistahs, a trio of African American mystery writers. Last, but not least, I found a link for Poetry Flash, the most important literary magazine and calendar of events for California and the West. Their links have all been added on the left as well.

No comments: