Saturday, June 24, 2006

NOW this feels like summer...




I see a car go by La Cienega and Santa Monica with a red string tied on the steering wheel... is this Kar-ballah?

There's a photo shoot up the hill at the Case Study House as I walk down the Sunset Strip; I see the occasional flash going off with the tiniest of ant-sized people running around...

I'll head down to the East Village Arts Festival to escape the heat this afternoon. This seems like a great way to get my Summer in Paradise officially going!

So why does it surprise me to discover I'm the last person in the Western Hemisphere to discover Cristiano Ronaldo? When I searched online, I found these photos that are apparently for a Pepe Jeans ad campaign. And what does this have to do with the World Cup?

Not a damn thing.

This ought to be one way to get Americans interested in futbol or soccer or whatever you wanna call it. I'm --shall we say, amused-- by the ad campaign, but I'm still strictly a Levis guy, thank you very much.

The theme of the ad campaign seems to be, that even after total world annihilation, men will still be narcissistic. I dunno. At least it beats the more crass ads I've seen of late.

This is what happens when you spend too much time in the middle of the City of the Pretty People. Don't think I don't count my blessings, though, that the guys who look like this and parade around here on the Boulevard are a dime a dozen --and I still have my eyesight... if no dimes. That's what I get for being a struggling artist. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. There are worse fates in life.

No comments: