Tuesday, April 11, 2006

ever have one of those days?

Sorry for that dead link to Towleroad in my last post. Blogspot for some reason won't let me in to see what needs to be corrected.

Jury service is over for (at least) the next twelve months, not that I have any problem with doing my civic duty. There is some joy in being part of the process, contingent, alas, on what I deem to be a truly fair and equitable outcome in the proceedings, which in this case did not happen. An expert on spousal abuse testified, yet the other jurors seemed not to hear what he was saying. And everyone appeared to have forgotten that the defendant was DRUNK. If history tells us anything, this will be only one in a string of skirmishes with the law, and the next time, perhaps, he'll get the appropriate verdict.

No comments: