Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I made the mistake of reading stories about the Holocaust before I went to bed...

There are a lot of nicer things to think about while staring at the ceiling all night than mass graves and pogroms and death camps...

That today is a beautiful Spring day
is practically surreal after reading those accounts of mostly children and teens from across Europe who survived the Holocaust. The one thing in common was their overriding faith in the goodness of humankind despite the horrors they lived through, and hope for the future.

Then today I find the website of an old friend, artist Manny Cosentino, linked to the header above, with a painting of one of the first streets in Silver Lake that I ever saw, dappled in sunshine. A much nicer image to meditate on than the ones I can't yet shake out of my head...

Remember, too, that tomorrow night is Dining Out For Life (http://www.diningoutforlife.com) in cities all across the country. So you can do good just by eating. And no matter what, ya gotta eat, right?


No comments: